Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ratchet Rap... and Hair?

The 2 most ratchet rappers out right now? Waka (BOW) and 2Chaaaainz!


  
Other than their ludicrous music, what else do they have in common? Their dreads, of course! I am quite certain that Waka made dudes everywhere love to hang their heads low and shake their dreads in the club. But would either of these two rappers be as popular without their dreads? Busta did it, can they? 

If anyone knows me, they know I love to watch the TLC show, What Not to Wear. Often, the new and old stylists (Ted and Nick) attribute super-long hair to being self-conscious and the contestants hiding behind their hair. Is this the case with Mr. Flocka and Mr. Chainz? I'm sure neither is Rastafarian. Are they just creating or enhancing a stereotype? Am I reading too much into this?


1 comment:

  1. Well I wear my hair long and toward my face, not dreads, but just straight. I don't think I am lacking confidence. However, when I wear it off my face it is a GREAT feeling too. Ima say its just a style choice. Even though they both are ratcheteers of the year!

    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete