Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Couldn't Resist - Faux Dreads

I know I said I was going to take a brief hiatus, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to explain my faux dreadlock look to you all!

Basically after watching one YouTube video, I decided to give it a try. I purchased 2 packs of yarn from JoAnn fabric. They both claimed to be black and looked black in the store, but when I got home, I found out that 1 was actually more blue/green. Luckily, this was my leftover back and I only did about 3 rows in the middle of my hair with this color. Luckily turquoise is one of my favorite colors!

The big question you may be wondering - how long did it take? I started on a Thursday night and finished on Saturday morning, only doing about 3-4 rows per day (in between homework, watching TV and taking naps!). Overall I would say it took about 8-9 hours to complete.

Shoutout to my friend Tameka for burning my ends because of my quite rational fear of fire.

The results?

No comments:

Post a Comment