Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hair Lessons Learned from Science

#1 rule of manipulating different variables - only change one thing at a time


I'm finally home from my summer internship and decided to do a deep clean of my hair. I looked in my mom's cabinet and thought I hit the holy grail - 2 different shampoos and 1 conditioner. I decided to combine all this with my regular conditioner and ended up applying the following to my hair (in this order):

  1.  Creme of Nature Kiwi and Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo
  2.  Nairobi Detnagling Shampoo
  3.  Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
  4.  Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
Needless to say my hair came out stringy and was shedding in clumps. Which product caused this? I have no idea except that it wasn't my normal conditioner (the Fructis). Why? Because I added so many new products  at once. Maybe they all work fine separately but, together, leave my hair chemically imbalanced (pr maybe they're all just horrible for my hair). Next time I'll try one new thing at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment