Thursday, July 12, 2012

Do the Dula



FYI - Mountain Dew is the official soda of computer scientists. Had some at work today and based on the hair meetup I attended tonight, I was inspired to name the title of this post "Do the Dula"

Okay, so enough nonsensical banter. Tonight I attended a meetup in San Jose with a couple friends (Maryland alumni. Go Terps!) "It'll be A Sassy Affair" was the name and a stylist ad owner of Bebe salon answered questions we had about our hair and products and gave free consultations at the end. Plus there were free cocktails, so that's always a plus! During my consultation, I learned about an oil called Calendula Oil. Supposedly it's great for dry skin and can help with hair also.

Calendula Oil is extracted from a flower call pot marigold otherwise known as.... a calendula! You can find more details about the specific extraction process online, but the mildness of the oil and the antiseptic within makes it a great product for treating infections.

But the real question is, can it be used for your hair? I've found a recipe for Calendula Soothing Scalp Oil which is said to help combat dandruff which consists of:

  • 6 ounces of calendula infused oil
  • 2 ounces jojoba oil
  • 10-15 drops of rosemary essential oil
  • 10-15 drops of tea tree essential oil
  • 10-15 drops of sage essential oil
Apply directly to your scalp and voila! I'll try this once I can get my hand on all these ingredients. It may be a little tough to do out here in Silicon Valley. Might have to wait until I get back to the DMV.

In other news, I did get a free sample of the Curls line's Curl Gel in our goodie bag!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment