Monday, June 11, 2012

First Meetup!

I attended my first natural hair meetup this past Saturday in Campbell, CA. Since I'm interning in the Bay area this summer, I figured I'd give it a try. Plus, I have no clue where to find natural hair care products out here!! 


The meetup was geared towards Transitioning & New Naturals, but even though I'm fully natural, I'm a new natural to the area, right? 

Anywho, I enjoyed the company of the ladies that were there. Each of us were at different stages and had a different story about their hair.

Back to the hair products issue. I never realized how much I took the DMV area for granted. In the DMV Targets, there's at least an entire aisle dedicated to natural hair care. Here, I'm lucky to find a shelf (unless I'm in Oakland, but I may be too afraid to venture out there lol). 

How easy is it to find hair products in your neighborhood? Or do you just tend to buy everything online?

1 comment:

  1. In Basking Ridge NJ I cannot. I think the nearest place is Morristown NJ. I will be able to find it in Newark or NYC as well. But very slim pickings for me.

    ReplyDelete