Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Challenge: Curly-Kinky Cupcake Wars

If anyone is familiar with the show, Cupcake Wars, on the food network, you know that bakers are challenged to create delicious cupcakes from strange ingredients. My faves in the past have included cupcakes with bacon, cream cheese and chili!


But what would happen if naturalistas decided to participate in their own cupcake wars with ingredients from our favorite products! A few that come to mind - 

  • olive oil
  • brown sugar
  • honey
  • apple cider vinegar
  • -----updated with Jen's ingredients----
  • coconut oil
  • avocado 
  • yogurt
  • castor oil
But all of these are tame. Can anyone think of more exotic products to use?
I officially declare the Curly-Kinky Cupcake Wars under way. 

Let the games begin!

(sorry I couldn't resist the Hunger Games reference :)

2 comments:

  1. Coconut oil and castor oil can be consumed. I don't know it I would want to eat the castor oil, but it is edible. I have used avocado, yogurt, and eggs in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out this site for more ingredients to add.. Has potential to be a yummy cupcake
    http://www.blackhairinformation.com/hair-treatments-and-recipes/the-caramel-treatment-a-natural-hair-softener/

    ReplyDelete